Wednesday 16 February 2011

second drawer, bedside table.

I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.


This is serious business. A best friend should know all of your secret hiding places in order to destroy any evidence of your “wild times”. Everyone has skeletons in their closet and my worst nightmare is dying and having to have my mom go through my personal belongings and finding pictures of underage drinking or my high school journal. (so embarrassing)

Honestly, I wasn’t a bad kid, but there is a reason you don’t want your parents to go through your stuff. Its not because you want them to “respect your personal space” or “trust you”. You’re obviously hiding something or someone in your closet.

In addition to this plan, I believe whoever knows my secret hiding places should also be trusted with the password to my Facebook and or email, etc. If I die before Facebook is old news and in danger of becoming what my_space seems to be, or something new comes along and sucks me in, I want my account to be deleted immediately, before anyone who I wasn’t friends with, didn’t like, or didn’t really know me, is able to write “sorry I was such a slut in high school, wish we coulda been betta friends, RIP gurl” on my wall. The thought alone makes me cringe.

Just my two cents, I guess. I’ve told some people of this Facebook plan, but they disagree with me. They make the valid point that writing on someone’s wall could be some kind of therapeutic way of saying goodbye, moving on, etc. I understand, but it’s just not my thing and I think anyone who knew me while I was alive would know I wouldn’t want it after I was gone. Hopefully people won’t make it their statuses either. Also something I’m not in to.

Anyone else have a plan like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment