Tuesday 22 February 2011

now&then

I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actually becomes stressful to watch it with other people.

I'll end up wasting 90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone's laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I'm still the only one who really, really gets it.

Also, I usually have to say all lines, right before the characters do, just to let everyone know how much I like this movie and that I know what’s going to happen next.

Here’s the kicker. Ask my roommate- she HATES this. I REPEAT the funny parts of a line in a favorite movie or TV show I’ve seen before, just to make sure that the other people in the room, heard it and got the full funny effect.

If anyone else were to do this while I was trying to enjoy a flick, I’m pretty sure I’d punch them in the face because I hate it more than I hate mustard (you have no idea). Needless to say, I’m trying to kick the habit, but it hasn’t come as easily as I would have hoped.

I’m not sure if I’m crazy or just really want the other person to understand the genius of whatever we are watching, but either way, I usually watch movies alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment