Wednesday 12 January 2011

walk walk fashion, baby.

Generally, I only follow a few blogs, but lately, it’s become an obsession. Specifically, I stare in awe at The Sartorialist. If you haven’t looked lately, get your head out of your butt and click here: (http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/). The photos are always striking and I love the fact that most are of strangers on the street.

I’ve been thinking about my hair a lot lately. I wonder if now is the right time to do something drastic. I constantly think about how rad it would be to chop it all off, but anyone who knows me knows that I have literally cried after every clip job I’ve even received. I say 2 inches and they cut 6. I’ve been through it all. I love long, flowy, hippie like hair and wish I could pull it off with the natural grace of these women:



but I can’t because I have thin, straight, stringy hair and can’t afford a weave now (or probably ever).

On the other hand however, I’ve recently become fascinated by women who have the balls to get a little pixie. I know it’s been “trendy” as of lately in young Hollywood- a la Natalie Portman, Emma Watson, Michelle Williams etc, but it never really made me turn my head until a friend and former London roommate did it spontaneously over the Thanksgiving holiday. It completely changed her look and brought out her facial features.




I HAVE to wonder: could I pull it off? Probably not. I have a long face and I’m pretty sure I’d look like a boy. I wish I could try it anyway, just to see. Maybe a blunt bang? I’ve always thought about that too.

The third look that i've always been jealous of is natural red hair. I've always felt a little jipped by my genes. I am Irish after all! I wish there was a way to get this whimsical look from a bottle, but in my opinion, fake red heads are no comparison to the real thing. See for yourself:





To be totally honest, I’m going to keep my current style and probably grow it out again, only to get a slight cut and cry. Not sure who I’m trying to kid...

Oh well, I can always dream.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment