Sunday 23 January 2011

nail polish.

My entire life, I've bitten my nails. I know, its disgusting and I've been recently informed that it can give you worms. So glad I'm living with a doctor-to-be. People who aren't nail biters just cannot understand. I am addicted and it is a problem. Trust me, I know that someone with their fingers in their mouth is probably one of the most unattractive things of all time (I've seen it- believe me), but it really is an addiction. I don't WANT stubby short nails that hurt.

As of lately, I've been growing them out. If i paint them constantly, I don't bite them and don't think about them as much. I went about three and a half weeks and was pretty proud of myself. They looked nice and I even treated myself with a new color.

Everything took a turn for the worst one day while mindlessly working at my uber-boring (hopefully temporary) job. I had no idea that I was doing it, but randomly, I notice half of my nails are bitten off. GREAAAAAAAT! (there is a great need for a sarcasm font) I probably have specks of nail polish in my teeth (disgusting). I think to myself: "How could I have just bitten all those nails without even noticing?"

Here comes the really tricky part. How do I NOT bite the rest of the nails I didn't get to before I realized I was being a crazy, self-destructive nail biter? There is no answer to this. Those three and a half weeks were my rehab time and now i've had a little bit of this drug i'm so addicted to and I must have more. There is literally no stopping this.

The rest of my nails are gone. Tonight I gave myself a new little mani and I've begun to start the rehab process all over again. I guess i'm destined to have constantly painted nails for the rest of my life and I think I'm okay with that.

Any other nail biters out there? What do you do to kick the habbit? I've tried almost every trick in the book, but I'm willing to hear some suggestions.

Now, I have out aside some cash and when my nails are long enough, I'll treat myself to a real manicure at a solon. Oh gosh, it has been forever and I deserve to be pampered!

I'll keep you updated
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment