Tuesday 15 March 2011

copy-cat.

I’m irritated today.
I’ve been nerdy and reading a lot of blogs lately. They inspire me and I like it. I’ve noticed that some blogs I’m reading are “inspiring” others as well. Recently, I’ve been noticing similar patterns in the blogs I read, but today I realized that it is blatant copy-catting (real word? Questionable).

Gross. I hate that. Let someone have his or her quirky thing to his or herself. Don’t steal it and show it off as your own.

You’re not that funny or cute or charming. You’re not the one coming up with this original and eccentric thing. It wasn’t your idea; don’t take credit for it.

I buy the idea that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, but at least give credit where it’s due! There is no shame in telling the world where you got an idea or picture, etc. I mean, how can anyone believe they are a reputable writer, let alone, human being by simply stealing other people’s mannerisms and cheeky phrases?

Anyway…while scoping out pictures of Fashion Week I found this:



It is from Alexander Wang’s Fall 2011 Ready to Wear collection. I thought it looked a bit familiar but couldn’t put my finger on it until yesterday.



Project Runway Season 5 (I believe). In this particular episode, the designers had to use parts from a car to create a piece for the runway. This specific dress was done by a contestant named Blayne and made from seatbelt straps. Does anyone else see the resemblance??

Very interesting.



*all photos c/o google images

No comments:

Post a Comment